The FE CFO Awards
The FE CFO Awards – an initiative of Financial Express, will celebrate excellence, best practices and outstanding achievements by India’s leading Chief Financial Officers.
These are the individuals who have made a name for themselves as experts of asset management, dependable advisors, sharp leaders, and strategic thinkers.
The Awards endeavor for, honor, and acknowledge experts who have helped businesses go above and beyond while also having a beneficial influence on the community at large.
About Financial Express
Financial Express has always essayed a leadership role in raising pertinent issues across industry verticals.
The publication takes great pride in acting as a facilitator and promoting debate and discussion across its numerous stakeholder communities in order to bring about significant change.
Methodology & Evaluation
Awards will be given away under Manufacturing and Service categories across three sub categories.
1. It was determined that data of only listed companies will be taken from ‘Capital-line’ (as available) including relevant ratios and based on that data, the initial data sorting was carried out.
2. A thorough evaluation will be based on the companies’ financial performance in FY22 and average of last 3 years under 3 categories by the knowledge partner
3. Shortlist of the same will be handed over to the esteemed panel of jury.
4. The panel of eminent jury members will score participation companies on pre – defined parameters.
5. Post the scoring process, Deloitte will tabulate to arrive at winners in each category.
Ps – With the objective of making the process transparent, participating companies will be only the listed companies.
There will be 3 Categories:
1. Gross turnover greater than equal to 500 and less than 1500 crores
2. Gross turnover greater than equal to 1500 and less than 3000 crores
3. Gross turnover greater than equal to 3000 crores
Under each of the categories there will be two sub-segments:
2. Services. (BFSI will be considered within this segment)
Further, there are 4 parameters under each sub-segments for awarding the organization.
1. Credit ratings
2. Share price movement for last 1 year
3. Sales and Net profit % for Half-year (April 2022 to September 2022)
4. M&A, Divestment, Strategic Partnerships, etc. for last 1 year (as available on BSE site)
CFO of the Year – This is Financial Express editorial nomination award, which will recognize the CFO for his innovative ideas, business excellence and overall progress of the company.
Lifetime Achievement – This is Financial Express editorial nomination award which would recognize a veteran finance professional who with his vision and exemplary contribution to the businesses and has become an inspiration for many across the industry.
Awards 2022 (Winners)
CFO of the Year Award: Reliance Industries Limited
Lifetime Achievement Award: JSW Steel
- Suven Pharmaceuticals Limited
- Polyplex Corporation Ltd
- Metropolis Healthcare Limited
- Sonata Software Ltd
- Dr Lal PathLabs Ltd
- Aptus Value Housing Finance India Ltd
- eClerx Services Limited
- Ajanta Pharma Limited
- Pfizer Limited
- Grindwell Norton Limited
- ICICI Securities Limited
- Persistent Systems Ltd
- Motilal Oswal Financial Services Limited
- Divi’s Laboratories Limited
- NMDC Limited
- Gland Pharma Limited
- HCL Technologies Limited
- Wipro Limited
- ICICI Lombard General Insurance Company Limited
- Bajaj Finance Limited
The awards will be adjudged by an eminent jury panel comprising of leaders who are regulators, industrialists, merger & acquisition advisers, senior corporate strategists, finance analysts, business economist and more.